Pre-apply here: https://forms.gle/NNebYj8ZKWWqewXg9
One PhD scholarship is available within the Joint Doctoral Programme in Interactive and Cognitive Environments (JD ICE) that is a PhD programme co-organised by the Department of Electrical, Electronic, Telecommunications Engineering and Naval Architecture at University of Genoa (UNIGE) with Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.
Applications are invited for 1 PhD open position
JD ICE provides Ph.D. training in the fields of multimedia signal processing, data fusion, computer vision, cognitive dynamic systems, and machine learning, and offers advanced research projects designed for ambitious students willing to become world-leading researchers. Ph.D. students will benefit from a joint-supervision model and will spend part of their Ph.D. programme in Madrid (Spain) and part in Genoa (Italy), depending on the specific PhD scholarship assigned.
The ISIP40 group, active in the DITEN department in the Faculty of Engineering of the University of Genoa has focused its attention mostly on:
- Cognitive Dynamic Systems
- Multisensor Signal Processing for Surveillance
- Software and Cognitive Radio
- Bayesian Object and Situation assessment
- Interactive and Cognitive Environments
Open Positions for Ph.D. (Dottorato di Ricerca)
1 position (3 years) starting at the beginning of November 2021; expiration date for first level applications: May 31st, 2021
- Imitation learning in multisensor self-aware autonomous systems: this project will study bio-inspired probabilistic techniques for modeling artificial self-aware systems and interactions between aerial and ground vehicles:
Applications are invited for 1 PhD open position, starting at the November 2021 with ISIP40 research group (www.isip40.it) of the Department of Electrical, Electronic, Telecommunications Engineering and Naval Architecture (DITEN), University of Genova – Genova (ITALY).
- Laurea Vecchio Ordinamento or Laurea Specialistica degree for Italian applicants in one of the following fields (or another related field); Master of Science or equivalent degree for applicants from abroad:
- Telecommunication Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Information Engineering
- Computer Science (or Laurea degree in Informatica)
- Basic knowledge in the following topics:
- Signal Processing
- Communication Systems
- Pattern Recognition
- Image/Video Processing
- English knowledge (IELTS certificate with minimum marks of 6.5 is mandatory)
Deadline for applying:
The interested applicants please apply not later than May 31st, 2021.
How to apply?
The application is divided into two phases.
In the first phase, the interested applicants should apply here
In the second phase, applicants whose CV fits with requirements will be encouraged and advised to present an application for the official admission competition at Genoa University online application closing mid-June 2021.
PhD economic conditions
The research grant consists of about 16.5Keuro/year
- A complete C.V. must contain at least the education degrees and the related information, experiences (both academic and non-academic), projects, list of publications, and every other things you think can be useful
- If you have not graduated yet, provide some information about the probable graduation date.
- If you have some publications, you can also send some of the important ones together with your CV.
- You can also send any other information that you think can be useful and effective for your profile.